Four people were taken to hospital for smoke inhalation after a fire broke out at an HDB block in Tampines on Monday (15 Apr 2019).
The Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) said it was alerted to the fire at about 9.15am at Block 492E Tampines Street 45.
A man and a boy suffered smoke inhalation and were taken to Singapore General Hospital and KK Women’s and Children’s Hospital.
The other two who were taken to a hospital were community first responders who tried to put out the fire using a hose reel before firefighters arrived.
Published : 15-Apr-2019