150 residents self-evacuated, three taken to hospital for smoke inhalation in an evening fire on 3 Sep 2018.
The fire broke out in Block 78 Indus Road around 9.30pm, and the Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) said flames engulfed the living room, kitchen and one bedroom of the Housing Board unit.
Residents said the maid who raised the alarm was alone in the 15th-storey unit at Block 78 and was taking a shower when the fire broke out.
She lived there with an elderly woman and her two sons, but the woman died last month. The two men were not at home on Monday night.
Published : 4-Oct-2018